Citations de Nicki Minaj[modifier]
- (en) My real name is Maraj. Fendi flipped it when he met me because I had such a nasty flow!
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), 2007, dans Rap Industry.
- (en) When I was younger, I didn't have much financially and I remember seeing little girls rooms on TV and they'd all be pink. I didn't have my own room, I shared with my brother, so I would have this daydream and imagine that one day I could have my own room and it would be all pink, like Cinderella's.
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), avril 2012, dans The Sun, Lia Nicholls.
- (en) When I started rapping, people were trying to make me like the typical New York rapper, but I'm not that. No disrespect to New York rappers, but I don't want people to hear me and know exactly where I'm from.
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), 2012, dans Billboard.
- (en) When people see my makeup, they think all types of crazy things that I'm doing to my skin, but it's makeup. They'll see contouring and think you had surgey on your nose. No, no, look at RuPaul's Drag Race and you'll see how you can make your nose look any shape you want. It's makeup people!
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), 27 février 2013, dans Reveal, Natasha Nanner.
- (en) I want people – especially young girls – to know that in life, nothing is going to be based on sex appeal. You've got to have something else to go with that.
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), avril 2010, dans Interview Magazine, Rachel T. Cole.
- (en) I'm really excited and the people that have been working with me now, have been people that I haven't worked with before so it's like they're bringing a new sound to the album that I've never experimented with.
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), 2013, dans MTV News, paru 4 novembre 2013, Rob Markham.
- (en) You wanna know what scares people? Success. When you don't climb up the ladder, everybody loves you because you're not competition, and when you become competition, the people start.
- Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikiquote), novembre 2010, dans MTV News.
Citations sur Nicki Minaj[modifier]
- (en) Minaj does her thing. She has her own way of doing it. She has an ill vocal delivery. She kind of reminds me of a female Busta Rhymes, like how she throws her voice in different directions.
- Ice-T (trad. Wikiquote), juin 2012, dans Rolling Stone, paru 11 juin 2012, Sowmya Krishnamurthy.
- (en) The fashion and music world would certainly be very quiet without Ms. Minaj.
The New York Times[modifier]
- (en) Nicki Minaj is a sparkling rapper with a gift for comic accents and unexpected turns of phrase. She's a walking exaggeration, outsize in sound, personality and look. And she's a rapid evolver, discarding old modes as easily as adopting new ones.
Paroles de chansons[modifier]
Pink Friday (2010)[modifier]
- (en) He was Adam I think I was Eve but my vision ends with the apple on the tree.
- Your Love, David Freeman, Joseph Hughes et Andrew Wansel (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj, album Pink Friday (2010 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Universal Motown).
Moment 4 Life[modifier]
Extrait 1 :
- (en) I get what I desire, it's my empire.
Extrait 2 :
Je vole dans le ciel avec les étoiles,
Je n'essaye plus de survivre,
Je crois que la vie est un cadeau,
Mais vivre ne veut pas dire que tu es vivant.
- (en) I fly with the stars in the skies,
I am no longer tryin' to survive,
I believe that life is a prize,
But to live doesn't mean you're alive.
- Moment 4 Life, Nikhil Seetharam et Tyler Williams (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, album Pink Friday (2010 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Universal Motown).
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up (2012)[modifier]
Je travaillerais avec qui ? Personne.
99 % d'entre eux sont personne.
- (en) Who I wanna work with? Nobody.
99% of them are nobody.
- Freedom, Samuels et Matthew Burnett (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj, album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up (2012 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Republic).
Extrait 1 :
- (en) Don't go against Nicki, impossible.
Extrait 2 :
- (en) The boys always spending all their money on love. They wanna touch it, taste it, see it, feel it, clone it, own it!
- The Boys, Jonas Jeberg, Jean Baptise, Lillianna Saldaña et Anjulie Persaud (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj et Cassie, album Pink Friday : Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up (2012 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Republic).
The Pinkprint (2014)[modifier]
The Crying Game[modifier]
Es-tu seul ? As-tu besoin de quelqu'un ?
Est-ce trop tard pour le dire ? Ai-je trop attendu ?
Des centaines de mots ne changeront rien,
Est-ce juste trois ? Trois mots qui te manquent ?
- (en) Are you alone? Do you need someone?
Is it too late to talk? Did I wait too long?
Thousand words don't change a thing,
Is it only three? Three words you're missing?
- The Crying Game, Andrew Wansel, Warren Felder et Steve Mostyn (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj ft. Jessie Ware, album The Pinkprint (2014 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Republic).
The Night Is Still Young[modifier]
- (en) I don't worry. Life is a journey.
- The Night Is Still Young, Dean, Gottwold, Theron Thomas, Donnie Lewis et Watter (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj, album The Pinkprint (2014 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Republic).
- (en) The people are saying that you have been playing my hurt like a grand piano. So play on!
- Grand Piano, Johnson, Dean, William Adams, Keith Harris et Peter Lord (trad. Wikiquote), Nicki Minaj, album The Pinkprint (2014 chez Young Money, Cash Money et Republic).
- (en) You could be the king, but watch the queen conquer.
- Monster, Justin Vernon et Daniel Lynas (trad. Wikiquote), Kanye West ft. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver et Nicki Minaj, album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010 chez Roc-A-Fella et Def Jam).
- (en) Who god bless no man can curse.
- Mercy (Remix), Lil Wayne et Nicki Minaj (trad. Wikuquote), Lil Wayne ft. Nicki Minaj, album Dedication 4 (2012 chez Young Money et Aphilliates Music Group).