Kelly Marie Tran
Kelly Marie Tran, de son vrai nom Loan Tran, est une actrice américaine d'origine vietnamienne née le 17 janvier 1989 à San Diego en Californie. Après plusieurs petits rôles, elle se fait connaître du grand public en 2017 en interprétant le personnage de Rose Tico dans le film Star Wars, épisode VIII : Les Derniers Jedi.
Citations de ses films[modifier]
Star Wars, épisode VIII : Les Derniers Jedi, 2017[modifier]
- Voir le recueil de citations : Star Wars, épisode VIII : Les Derniers Jedi
Star Wars, épisode IX : L'Ascension de Skywalker, 2019[modifier]
- Voir le recueil de citations : Star Wars, épisode IX : L'Ascension de Skywalker
- (en) Growing up, I’ve always felt I was from two different worlds. I was born in the US, but my parents were born in Vietnam, and they raised my sisters and I with the parenting methods of the Vietnamese culture. So much of me is because of what my parents experienced in this country. So much of me is because of the things my parents overcame so that I could have the luxury of having a dream.
- (en) « Kelly Marie Tran Promotes 'The Last Jedi' In Traditional Vietnamese Garb », Kelly Marie Tran (propos recueillis par Kimberly Yam) (trad. Wikiquote), Huffington Post (édition canadienne), 30 novembre 2017 (lire en ligne)
- (en) I had been brainwashed into believing that my existence was limited to the boundaries of another person’s approval. I had been tricked into thinking that my body was not my own, that I was beautiful only if someone else believed it, regardless of my own opinion. I had been told and retold this by everyone: by the media, by Hollywood, by companies that profited from my insecurities, manipulating me so that I would buy their clothes, their makeup, their shoes, in order to fill a void that was perpetuated by them in the first place.
Et, pendant longtemps, je l'ai cru.
- (en) the same society that taught some people they were heroes, saviors, inheritors of the Manifest Destiny ideal, taught me I existed only in the background of their stories, doing their nails, diagnosing their illnesses, supporting their love interests — and perhaps the most damaging — waiting for them to rescue me.
And for a long time, I believed them.
C'est le monde où je veux vivre. Et c'est le monde que je continuerai à élaborer.
- (en) I want to live in a world where children of color don’t spend their entire adolescence wishing to be white. I want to live in a world where women are not subjected to scrutiny for their appearance, or their actions, or their general existence. I want to live in a world where people of all races, religions, socioeconomic classes, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities are seen as what they have always been: human beings.
This is the world I want to live in. And this is the world that I will continue to work toward.